The market for online cleaning as well as home repair services is booming, and Handy is bound to announce some super profits from its sales. Two years after it was launched, Handy has earned more than $1 million in service bookings per week. It has also risen from $3 million in total run rate to around $52 million. For Dua and Hanrahan, the cutting-edge on-demand economy service provides a better model for consumers and service experts. With the firm’s new mobile app, cleaners take it as an ATM machines in their pockets. For average home cleaning professionals in this company, the hourly wage ranges from $15 to $22 per hour. It enables you to pick your convenient hours on top of offering a handsome hourly wage. The revenue growth come as Homejoy and Handy take measures in recent days to restructure their businesses through branding and availing new apps for mobile devices.
Wazzuppilipinas.com reveals, consumers are getting used to the idea of the smart booking services through their cell phones. Handy service personnel are meticulously vetted, for efficient service delivery. Both Handy and Homejoy offer services beyond home cleaning services, which have contributed to the ballooning of their revenues. About 85 percent of the firm’s profits come from cleaning while the remaining 15 percent comes from handyman services and some other plumbing services. Handy is currently operating in 25 cities in U.S.A., two in Canada and London. They have previously served more than 200,000 clients from the site. The firm has over 5,000 active staff that completes at least one assignment monthly. Handy was formerly known as Handybook. It was founded in the year 2012 as a solution to the longstanding challenge of finding trusted and efficient experts for general domestic services. Oisin Hanrahan, then a 19 years old college student in the Ireland developed the app. After travelling to various cities during weekends from Trinity College in the city of Dublin, he began buying and renovating residential apartments in Budapest. In the business of renovating apartments around various cities, Oisin found it hard to find handymen he could rely on to do the cleaning.
While studying at Harvard Business School, they noticed that it was the same in the U.S. They developed the Handy app with the aim of creating the easiest way for people to book household services on the internet. Hanrahan is the firm’s CEO. Before founding the firm, he had founded MiCandidate. MiCandidate is an online service that provides real-time political news to media companies in 25 European nations. He is also founded the Clearwater Group, a popular real estate development firm in Hungary. In the year 2009, he co-founded the Undergraduate Awards, an organization, which supports exceptional undergraduates globally. Umang Dua is another Handy Co-Founder and the COO. Before founding this firm, he founded the College Connect, online software in India that linked aspiring college students with the enrolled ones around the globe. Earlier, he had been a Business Analyst at the McKinsey & Company. He is a degree holder in Economics and Political Science from the Amherst College. To learn more, check out http://bigcitylittleblog.com/best-apps-for-new-yorkers/.